Форумы Серверы Суспільство
Игры Серверы VBIOS General Soft & Hard Увлечения А поговорить... Культура Полезная информация Межигір'я Чат

Пользователь Сообщение: Mike Dodd: "Potter" - short film into his life and work (2011 Documentary)        (Тема#80781)
KillMachine UA 
генералиссимус
KillMachine UA
: Київ
С нами с 10.12.07
Посты: 25376
20.09.14 20:43 Ukraine #1786972

Film provides a unique insight into the working life of Mike Dodd, one of Britain's most prestigious potters.

He lives and works in the beautifully rural surroundings of Glastonbury, Somerset. Dodd discusses his love of pots and shares some of his personal philosophies. Talks about the importance of using local materials and hand made tools in the making of his work. Watch him unpack his kiln and throw a large textured vase on his kick wheel.

To view work by Mike Dodd on the Goldmark Gallery website click here: http://bit.ly/11Lrg2z

Biography - Mike Dodd was born in 1943 in Sutton, Surrey. While in the village of Corfe Castle, on his way to a teashop with his parents, the young Dodd spotted a potter at work. He stopped, mesmerised by what he saw. The image of that potter burnt itself into my mind, and according to my mother's later account I bored them rigid, talking excitedly about everything this white coated magician had done.

Dodd is a vegan with a strong commitment to animal welfare, conservation and environmental issues. He has held workshops at Landshut College for Ceramics in Germany and the Golden Bridge Pottery in Pondicherry, India. He has exhibited extensively throughout the UK and his work is held in collections at the V&A, British Crafts Council and Ulster Museum, Belfast.
Icon Legend Права Настройки темы
Распечатать тему

1157 Просмотры
Реклама
669 сейчас в онлайне
1 пользователей (CybeReХ) и 0 скрытых, а также 668 гостей сейчас онлайн.
VBIOS Version 3.0 FINAL | ©1999-2024
Execution time: 0.061 seconds.   Total Queries: 23   Zlib сжатие вкл.
All times are (GMT+2.0). Current time is 19:50